1. Speak with your financier or your Finance Consultant to arrange the best loan to suit your needs.
2. Prepare a short list of preferred suburbs that suit your lifestyle, bearing in mind affordability and accommodation requirements.
3. Research sales in those preferred suburbs. Inspect every property in your preferred suburb so you have a feel for the prices. Attend all open homes in the area.
4. Develop a relationship with one of our professional team who specialise in your preferred area. Your CD Adams & Co Real Estate Sales Consultant will be able to advise you of any additional information you may need and also inform you how you can register on our website to automatically receive notification of any new listings that hit the market.
5. If you are considering making an offer, we recommend that you contact your CD Adams & Co Real Estate Sales Consultant promptly who can guide you if you are in any way unsure of the process.
6. Once negotiations have been finalised, you will be required to sign the sale contract and pay a deposit. Your deposit will be held in a trust account until settlement.
7. Ask the team at CD Adams & Co Real Estate to provide you with contacts for pest & building inspectors so you can arrange a building inspection to make sure you are aware of any possible major defects.
8. Following your solicitors or conveyancer's advice on the sale contract and taking into consideration the building reports, you are now able to make an informed decision to proceed with the purchase of the property.
9. On settlement day it is advisable that you do a final inspection before settlement takes place. This is to ensure that the property is in the same condition as when you last inspected it, and that all inclusions are as per the contract you signed.